Forum rules

Please attach an image to your first post so that a thumbnail is generated in the list of topics.

Post subject: Retro style Kitchen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 am 
Droid

Tried something a little different. Didn't come out as much as I wanted it to be.
Overall, I am happy with the result :p

Appreciated with some feedbacks ;)

Post subject: Re: Retro style Kitchen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am 
Administrator

The 'look' is great, very retro! Nice grading. :grin: Is there a particular decade you went for?

I have some feedback, but it's all modelling/design stuff, not lighting/texturing, but I hope it's useful anyway!...

The kitchen chairs - they seem a bit too modern, I guess because the seats are very sharp/square and don't look that comfortable (typical of some modern designs) while the table has rounder corners and legs... and feels more retro-y.

And I guess compared to the chairs, the oven/stove seems too old style.

Also it feels like there's too much curtain material given the short distance required to pull each curtain to the middle.

And I just noticed the walls meet the ceiling without any molding running around the edge. I feel like there should be something there... but not actually sure if that was common place or not, so it might be fine! Hehe.

The kitchen cupboards that are on the floor, are all suspended on little feet... I've never seen kitchens built like that (I used to remove old kitchens during my joinery days), normally old kitchens are attached VERY firmly to the floor and walls, and have a toe/kick board running across the front.

And lastly, the position of the kitchen drawer handles, while look nicely in line with the cupboard handles, would not work well at all - it would cause the draw to twist because you're pulling on one side, causing it to jam. Remember they didn't have nice metal draw runners back then! It was wood on wood, so the handles should be in the middle.

Feron Animation
Linked In

Post subject: Re: Retro style Kitchen
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 pm 
Droid

ahaha thanks for the nice detailed feedback :)

I would have to watch out for that next time:)

All models are modeled by me :) I was going for more vanished polaroid photo.
I know the models hasn't been researched at all to suit the criteria for a certain retro time either 70's 80's...I was going for more untouched normal family kitchen that has been putting assorted furniture. :)

Agreed with the positioning the handles and looking abit pasticky...thanks for the formal critiques. I'll keep it in mind and will do that next time :) Thanks again,