Post subject: I, uh... What?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:52 pm 

Well, I have never seen this before. I'm using the somewhat famous AndyRig but it's weirding me out, it batch renders in different positions to the view port and render window renders... It was originally just the hands, but I moved one hand then moved it back and now it's the whole arm... Wut?

Viewport:
Attachment:
wut2.jpg
wut2.jpg [ 196.54 KiB | Viewed 3804 times ]

Render Window:
Attachment:
wut3.jpg
wut3.jpg [ 143.65 KiB | Viewed 3804 times ]

Batch Render:
Attachment:
wut1.jpg
wut1.jpg [ 145.6 KiB | Viewed 3804 times ]

Any ideas? I've tried importing the reference into the scene but that didn't change anything.

Post subject: Re: I, uh... What?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 pm 
Rebel Commander

hmm the only thing i can think of in my modellers brain is that its rendering on split frames?

Im no rigger/animator so I may be completely wrong.

www.sharplin.deviantart.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 pm 
Administrator

Is it referenced in? Maybe try 'Import from Reference' to bring it all into the scene.

Also, maybe for rendering you can bake out the animation onto the vertices, so you don't get any rig weirdness. Select the mesh and use Edit/Keys/Bake Simulation... and in the options make sure you turn on 'Control Points'. Once baked the rig no longer controls the mesh, so this is for rendering only!

But, I don't know why you're getting that strange issue.

Feron Animation
Linked In

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 am 
Death Star Gunner

without looking at the actual scene, it appears both the hand controller failed to use the positional information from your file.

Could be many things, not familar with Andy Rig but it *looks* like the hand controllers is currently set not to follow the COG so it could potentially be a constraint problem.

Perhaps double check to make sure you do not have controllers/constraints/nodes with duplicate names which may confuse maya.

Otherwise yeah just like worzel said geocache should help reducing potential drama in render scenes. You can also try pick all your animation curve and go curves>bake channel to force key on every single frame. Just to make sure your settings arent spiking out at certain frames.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 am 

It's all rather interesting...

Baking seems to have done it for now, which I don't mind doing for this animatic anyway as this isn't the rig I'll be using for the final, but it's still weird.

Shortndeadly: this is actually the first rig I've seen that DOES have the hand controls constrained to the COG, everything else I've done/used has them completely independent. I might delete the constraint from the ref at some point and see if that makes it better... Duno, but for now I'm guna not care and I'll just bake each shot.

Hopefully this sort of bollocks doesn't happen to my final rig...