Post subject: 3D previs Supervisor (China) Contract 3 month(Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:03 pm 
Ewok

Update, found someone. This is now closed, Cheers everyone. Will post if future oppotunite turns up.

A feature film crew in China is currently looking for a project manager/supervisor for its previsualization team.

This will be a blockbuster film according to the producer. co-produced by Chen_Kaige (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0155280/), and will be directed by David Wu (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0398871/).
This job requires travel to Shanghai, China for 3 months. This will be contract and project based pay. Pay level is still up to negotiation between you and the producer. (I can help you on your behalf for language barriers).
And it can be a long term job if you choose to stay after that. Pay grade for the long term will be at least >100k NZD per year depending on the final negotiation (For long term, it will not be limited to previsualization and this project only ).
There is no age limit.

Hard Requirement
Experience and ability to supervise the entire workflow from the film script to 3D previs,
(basically leading a Chinese team,
update: team consists of 30 artists, including 1 American, 3 indians, the rest are Chinese artists who all can speak some English and there is a professional interpreter, so language should not be a problem while working).
You must have feature film production experience. Prefer an IMDB page with some titles.

Optional Requirement
A show reel

Perks
Travel, accommodation cost will be covered.
The person who took this job can take 2-3 paid assistances of your choice. (Prefer animators)

Other information
Anyone who knows someone who fits this can also help to pass on this message.
From what I know the script of the film is already finished. English script is going final review and will be finished at Dec 15.
The deadline for resume submission should be late this month or early next, I should be able to make it flexible for a few days, but don't count on it.
The actual previs production should be sometime in the first quarter of next year.

If you are interested, please contact me asap.
Please Email me resumes or if you have any questions regarding this job.

============================
Some other info regarding myself
For this job, I serve as a liaison for the producer. I am a Chinese national and a NZ resident, I am bilingual.
I am a 3D rookie myself. Studied BoAD at MDS Auckland for 2 years from 2014. I can do modeling, rigging, animation, texturing, and rendering. I Picked TD in school, so I am not specialized in animation, but I am willing to learn and improve. I am hoping anyone who took this job can consider me an assistant spot. I can at least serve as an interpreter.
I have the human network in China and know producer myself, so if you fit the requirement, I can make this happen.
P.S. My personal request has nothing to do with the job requirement. I will help set this up regardless whether I am on board or not.

Update, after Dec 15 they will start open recruitment, and there will be more competitions as time goes by, so please send me your CVs if you are interested while this is still early.

Update, it is Dec 9 today, and I've got a few CVs and express of interest so far. And I am about to send them tonight formally as the first batch of candidates for the producer to review. If anyone is still interested, please at least send your express of interest and some information about yourself before 5:30pm today.
This film is invested by a few major Chinese studios including CFGC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Fil ... orporation
And there will be several film studios collaboratively working on this project.
The crew that is looking for a supervisor is just one team among them.
If you have any specific question, please also let me know, so I can ask tonight and get back to you.
I will update this thread until someone fills the spot. Cheers

Harry He
Liaison
My email address
harrywenjie@gmail.com

Last edited by harrywenjie on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 3D previsualization Supervisor (China) Contract 3 month
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:04 pm 
Jedi Apprentice

Do they need to know how to speak chinese/mandarin ?

Post subject: Re: 3D previsualization Supervisor (China) Contract 3 month
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:12 pm 
Ewok

Kenworx wrote:
Do they need to know how to speak chinese/mandarin ?

No language skill required. But if one do speak mandarin, it would help.
The team already consists of 30 artists, including 1 American, 3 Indians,
The rest are Chinese artists who all can speak some English and there is a professional interpreter, so language should not be a problem while working.

And although, the producer specifically asked for FF experience, I think TVP experience is fine if it is something as good as Spartacus, but this is not up to me.
This is just a previs project after all which should not be too difficult. But I think what he truly wants is to find a long term full VFX supervisor for his team after this.
Think this 3 months as a "get to know each other" period, if you like the team and team likes you, you can happily stay for more, if it sucks, you can quit after 3 months.