Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 pm 
Administrator

Oh ok... I'll go first.

I'm Roger... self taught animator. From Christchurch (shout out to my homie Ken C from Chch), did TVC's for 4 years... now I teach character animation at Media Design School in Auckland (past 2 years). Cool job... I have time to look into techniques I never had time to explore while working, because working on TVCs sucks up all your time with short deadlines and all the rest of it.

I like Star Wars, incase you hadn't noticed from the 'ranks' I've given to all you guys! Mwhahahahaha!

Now that I have a forum, I'm actually going to do a personal project, consisting of a character/creature, modelled, textured, rigged and animated. I'm thinking Zbrush...

And a big welcome to you all!

Peace out.

Feron Animation
Linked In

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 pm 
Death Star Gunner

Hey all, rebel rabble here! (if you're clever, this is an anagram of my real name...my true identity, which I will lose to the Borg after this post).

I work at Virtual Spectator as a 3D Graphic Artist. I am a Roger-Feron-taught animator and enjoy Scrabulous on Facebook, long walks along the beach, romantic dinners for two and...

Ahem, anyway... I'm very excited about this site and am looking forward to seeing lots of cool stuff here. Right, back to Scrabulous!

RR. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:30 am 
Rogue Leader

hi...I am also a disciple of Rogers and feel proud I got to watch him transition from chubby chicken to Japanese while I studied at his feet. I like Rebel Rabble. I work for myself part time for now, as I raise the next generation of 3Ders.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:38 am 
Death Star Gunner

Hi, I'm a recent graduate from Massey Design School in Wellington, and have just joined the ranks of starving CG artists. I'm largely self-taught and focus mostly on modelling...I can tinker with polygons all day :D :D

It's great to see that NZ has such an awesome community.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:26 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Hey Guys,

Revilo aka Ollie here.

I have orginally come from a multimedia background after I did a course back in 01(i think) @ Carich, Auckland. Audio Engineer diplomas didnt cut it in making a living for me so I did this, and thats where I found 3D. Self taught after that for some time using max, I made the move to Maya and did 2 additional years training at Lifeway College taught by Emil Polyak (Im guessing some of yas might know him). After that I was offered a position as a lecturer with Emil which I did for a year, before landing a position with Midway Games Studios here in Newcastle, England.

Day in the life includes prevising boards, previs camera moves, fighting with unreal editor and eating bad food :S I'm also lead colour artist for the game so I help develop tools and palettes and then make the game look purty, Once in a while a trip to Chicago comes around where we go to HQ and do some motion shoots which is tons of fun. Quite a mixed bag of stuff really :D

Last year has been hopeless for me but im looking at dusting off the CG apps, uninstalling ze games and will try and get the ball rolling again this year. Its gonna be a pleasure to have your guys crits and support with this new forum now :)

I look forward to everyone's work on here and watch everyone grow... long live nzcgi :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:16 pm 
Tusken Raider

Hello all. I'm another recent graduate from Massey's Bachelor of Design programme. Just finished my final animation and am currently looking for work. I'm a bit of an all-rounder, but would mostly like to call myself an animator.
Let's see, currently I haven't done anything much animation/CG out of University, but am hoping for that to change very soon.
I'm also very interested in Audio engineering - mainly in the fields of music and vocal audio (ADR or whatever you want to call it).

You'll probably see me round here a fair bit, so yea... hit me up if you want a chat (or have a vacancy :D:D)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:34 pm 
Rebel Commander

Hi im Sharpo and im a recovering caroholic... I have been off the car modelling for a while now but feel the crave every day......

www.sharplin.deviantart.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:59 pm 

Hey all, im Laz. Post grad MDS, currently unemployed (boo) however thankfully not starving due to the layers of fat I piled on while sitting on my butt in front of a computer at MDS for 2 years. Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful work I know will come out of this site!

P.S Hang in there Sharpo, remember the 12 steps.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:54 pm 
Sandtrooper

Hi to all CGI geeks!!! and to u too ;)
This is Deepak, ex student from MDS, Roger (yeahhhhh) taught me how to pik a noise :D “Im doing good with noise ROGER!!!” Nice to see again some known ppl and some new ppl...
Well, I did few contract with same company in Wellington as a 3D Artist, currently seeking work on Seek hahhha... I'm a 3D Modeller, gird is my play ground and Polygon is my game ball.

I'm kinda bored of typing now...

So, chao Chao

Never hold ur FARTS in.They travel up ur spine, into ur brain, and that is where SHITTY IDEAS come from!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:35 pm 
Death Star Gunner

Hey I'm Josh, also a post grad from MDS 2007, and also currently unemployed. I'm a bit of a generalist in 3D, but my interests lie in lighting, rendering, and compositing. Looks like a great site, so I'll be hanging round here a bit :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:44 pm 
Rogue Leader

Hola, this is jason, jay or sneakybunny, i washed up on nz shores around 1981 from chile. I got into 3d way back in 2000 when i was living in Sydney and did a bit of freelance. Wasnt enough to by the bills so i crusied back over to nz and did a course at MDS in 2003 or 2004(i forget). Been working in 3d ever since...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 am 
Droid

Hi I go by Wulfs here on the Forums,

I have been in the 3D scene a few years now since 2002,, I studied in Aus, 3DS Max and all the stuff that goes with it, Combustion, Photoshop etc. Then I studied after that at MDS 2003, and have been working ever since in the industry.

A games company on the north shore; Need no say more.
NMIT in Neslon; My home town.
Freelance; Here and there.
And recently at MDS; I sit next to Rog, Emil, Si and a few others.

That should be enough to figure out who I am :)

Cheers see you all around here often I hope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 am 

My name is Splatt. I have an addiction to 3D. But I'm not recovering, infact it's getting worse.

I've been doing some form of cg for the last... holy crap I don't want to say how long its been since I started!
I've bin working with maya for the last 5 and now I teach it at MDS with wulfs and worz.
Many of you know me, or at least I know you ;-)

When Wulfs gets back i'm going to throw things at him for beating me to the post.

I love all 3D, currently fascinated with lighting and cinematography.

I'm gearing up to a big project in may, and I'll post some of that work as I'm able.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:18 pm 
Filtered here.
Well not a lot to say but will say a lot anywho. I am renowned for starting lots and finishing little. Can't be arsed without a deadline. I am an all rounder in Maya with a finger in many pies. I rarely post work as a lot of it is commercially sensitive and I honestly can't be bothered tinkering away into the night on personal projects while life passes me by. I am passionate about what I do and when done right awfully proud of those who helped get it that way. I can be scathing and profoundly nice in the same breath. I loves you all because you do what you want and do it well, or often enough to achieve something that is almost well.
I've been knocking about the 3d Advertising industry for almost 12 years and although there have been many changes in software the only constant has been the need for smart workarounds and fast turnarounds. Deadline is God and a f**kup is a lesson learnt once.
If I ever have the pleasure of meeting you, working with or have met you, big ups. If not send me your reel and good luck with that.

http://www.nzvfx.com

Wrd to the Mother.
F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 pm 

Howdy yo. I'm Jason, generally known as the loud foo' that doesn't shutup. Along with that loudness is a tendency to procrastinate, and procrastination and perfectionism don't go well together... SO. I am planning to achieve a new reel of sorts this year consisting of a few projects, but working in retail (Harvey Norman) does tend to sap enthusiasm from a large tube up your ass, but I've got enough smiles to last a while :D So hopefully two and a bit days a week devoted to 3D is going to be enough to pull something off this year, although seven days a week didn't seem to do that last year... :?

Cheers for the site Rog! At least I'll have someone to yell at me now if I don't get anything done :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next