[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZCGI - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY COMPETITION
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 am 
Administrator

I have a stick of chalk on my desk. I'm going to give that to you evoboy... but only if you win.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:46 am 

Make it a lifetime's supply of chalk and you've got yourself a deal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:30 pm 
Bounty Hunter

Yeha prizes! I want, hmm... a new quad core, a copy of mudbox and maya, (not photoshop I will just download it)

Evoboy, dip your chalk in iodine, and then snap it, presenting the inside structure to us (the viewer)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 am 
Sandtrooper

I like the theme, just one question I know the overall model has to be organic but is it allowed to have like metal parts attached to it, like brasses or a metal plate in its head, or better yet can it be wearing things that arent organic like a suit of armour?

Post subject: Re: NZCGI - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY COMPETITION - UPDATE TO CREATION
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 am 

I added an amendment to the creation rules in the final comp regarding that crosshare.

**UPDATE 23/02/08**

Your entry must have 30% visible organic on final submission AND during your display (360 turn around) 80% organic must be shown.

i.e. You can have a suit of armour provided atleast 30% of the characters body is visible, e.g head, hands etc. During the turn around, at some point, 50% of the armor is removed to show your organic model underneath. This means 20% organic of your model can be covered at all times (so you can model boots and no feet).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 pm 
Bounty Hunter

Wait a sec, are boots considered 'non organic' ? what about clothing. I was planning on a making a recognisable character with focus on his face obviously, but he needs clothes...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 pm 

Clothes are fine, just make sure they arent modelled into your character / creatures mesh so you can strip it down during a sexy 360 turntable pole dance, so to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 pm 
Sandtrooper

Cheers laz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:52 pm 
Bounty Hunter

I'm not going to model the body when it's not visible... :shock:
Looks like im out of this one. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:15 pm 
Rogue Leader

Are you generation Y perchance kinetiknz!? ;-) My instant thought is 'ok.... weird to model body AND clothes, esp as my char would be fully clothed, but ok sir! If you say so sir'! hehehe...Gen X here reporting for duty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:23 pm 
Bounty Hunter

Born 1979, not sure what bracket that puts me in,.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:47 pm 
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:54 pm 
Bounty Hunter

It's been so long since I have had to come up with an idea for something like this. I'm sure an idea will come to me... Should I drink some sort of cool brain stimulating fluid to help me get the ideas flowing?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:00 pm 
Administrator

Understandably people will be thinking of having cloaks and gowns and lots of coverings, which can certainly help with mood and design. But we're really wanting to see 'organic' - as in 'anatomy'. So instead of saying they all have to be naked, we're compromising in the sense that you can still model your ideal character, but then show us you can do organic. It is ultimately more work, but really it's up to your imagination - if you can cut down on the coverings (or keep them simple) and still have an interesting character, then less work for you.

But I'm guessing that no matter what you chose to do, if you want it to look good it will naturally be a lot of work.

@ Untamed: Yes. Just look for the NZCGI coffee shop...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 pm 
Bounty Hunter

Yeah I love coffee.

How evil are gremlins? I think they are evil but cute-ish! Is that something along the right line of thinking? I'm going to try and stay away from too many coverings because as you just said it is a lot more work, and I want to use this as an opportunity to work on something fully organic. So a creature would be my best bet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next