[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Laz *Nudity :(*
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:39 am 
Sandtrooper

That face is looking pretty good mate, i should've worked that drawing more to give ya something better to work off but this is your fullas realm, i dunno know shit about translating 2d stuff to work in 3d. The competition was "baba Yaga" which i've never heard of till then so that might help ya look for costume design.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am 

Hmm interesting, I just looked up Baba Yaga, shes meant to be thin as a skeleton. Haha. Well, im gonna go with your design Rusty I think she looks cool.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:53 pm 

After a little more research im going to have to make a disassociation with Baba Yaga, its a Russian folktale which I know nothing about.

This model is just going to be a witchy looking woman which is based off of Rustys original sketch which just so happens to be a concept for Baba Yaga. A bit of a shame cos I have found some other cool art around the same subject and shes certainly an interesting character. I would change my idea but I really dont have the time to put into more research and concept stuff :( Maybe I can do a Baba Yaga in the future. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:20 pm 
Sandtrooper

some sort of pacman natasha!

"I know it's fashionable in some circles to predict that all strips will be animated in the future, thanks to massive CPU power, wide pipes and powerful animation software, but I don't see it." - David Allen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:03 pm 

hehe. only MDS 3D students would know what you mean Billie Bob. And yes. Indeed. :)

Im in the middle of a first pass retopology on the body. Well, so far I only have fat lady pants. So not quite middle yet. Only been going an hour or so. this mudbox sculpting workflow kicks arse. Its invaluable to have a fleshed out mesh here to refer to when I get a bit lost on the shape, normally i spend most of my time tweaking the form... I still find myself doing that anyway, but yeeeaaa... I'll post where I get to before I go to sleep.

I have to say, I am quite gutted about Baba Yaga being an already existing character. If I had known that I would definately have incorporated some of her traits into this project cos they are just so damn cool. Oh well, Ill try pull off something cool with this character anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 am 

To point out the obvious (because someone has indeed pointed it out to me) I am aware she doesn't have hands.. I haven't got that far yet. Hehe.

Almost there on the first pass. I attached the head at this stage because I noticed I had just the right number of edges leading into the neck so I went for it, normally I would hold off until I finish the body, but meh, what ya gonna do.

Not all that happy with the topology, but it is the first pass.. I plan to finish up the arms and stuff anyways, one thing I am happy with is she is 100% quad atm. Needs some serious clean up around the neck / top of chest and shoulders. I'm not all that happy with the overall proportions either, I thought I was, I was wrong. Will probably tweak her overall shape and stuff when I finish the first pass. Not sure about her feet yet. I wanted to give her hobbit hairy feet but maybe not, ill give her gnarly toe nails at the least. O.K enough rambling. Sorry...

baba_07.jpg
baba_07.jpg [ 98.97 KiB | Viewed 3607 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 pm 
Sandtrooper

she has no hands! (just kidding)

Dont worry about Baby yaga - I'm sure you'll make something cool out of this character. Loving the face and old croney nose.

"I know it's fashionable in some circles to predict that all strips will be animated in the future, thanks to massive CPU power, wide pipes and powerful animation software, but I don't see it." - David Allen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:07 pm 

From here on, her name is Yaya Baga :) Original, I know.

Managed to get the first pass topology done last night, havent had a lot of time to work on this, I managed to start working at about 11:30 last night and ended up in bed at 3:20am. meeeeh.... of course, the work you do after a certain time I always find I end up having to redo, but yea. I made her a hand which is meant to have long nails, but I havent modelled those yet, they arent quite nobley enough yet, but ill get there. I have reworked the proportions after some friendly advice from a collegue of mine. She is now rather sqautty, but I think it works.

Anyway enough talk, more pictures.

yaya_baga.jpg
yaya_baga.jpg [ 178.43 KiB | Viewed 3290 times ]

So i plan to tweak the proportions some more, kick up the details. I havent really touched the legs or arms yet. Or the feet for that matter.

Cheers,
Laz.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am 
Bounty Hunter

Are you gonna model the hair laz?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 pm 

To be honest, I have no idea. I was considering it, then i considered joes or maya hair, even paint effects. I'm trying to put it out of my mind and worry about that later :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:17 am 

Havent really done much. Tweaked the shape a bit, made some toenails and fingernails, shaped the feet and toes (which actually took me forever for some reason.. :/) then tweaked the proportions of her feet, made them much smaller. Heres an occ render with a bit of color variation to make it more interesting :P when I look at this, all I see is giant hands. I guess ill be tweaking those next :P I plan to make her staff tomorrow, but again I wont be able to work on it until late again.. I have a lot of other work that needs to be done.. *sigh*. I really wanna just sign off her body and pass it off to someone to unwrap. I know I should unwrap it myself, but me and unwrapping don't get along well.. Sorry, 3am rambles again.

yaya.jpg
yaya.jpg [ 82.49 KiB | Viewed 3474 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:49 am 
Rogue Leader

I like her alot, heaps of character and nice shapes. The bit worrying me is the feet in general, but specifically that they dont seem squashed by her weight, and the arch underneath feels in the wrong place. Otherwise I likey alot...is there a costume too?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:09 pm 

Thanks for your crit Mj I'm a bit concerned about the feet myself, i spent ages getting the shape looking ok then squashed them with a lattice, hehe. I think the problem with the arch isnt so much that its in the wrong place that its too extreme for her stubby feet. Ill have do some more tweaking of that area and see how it goes. And yea, thankfully she doesn't roam her forrest butt naked, she will have a some clothing. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:49 pm 
Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:52 am 

Haven't had a chance to work on Yaya tonight :( I've been too busy writing tutorials..

Here's what I accomplished yesterday anyway, which unfortunately wasn't much, didn't think it was post worthy at the time but I spose this is meant to be work in progress.

I flattened out her feet a bit, lowered the arch, tweaked her toes and overall foot shape (for the twizillionth time). Beefed up her hands and made them a bit smaller over all, dropped her arms slightly and bent her elbows getting them ready to be worked on, still haven't done much with the arms and legs yet, to be honest im not entirely sure what im going to do with them.. I plan to flesh her out a bit more when I get to the sculpting stage.

Attachments:
yaya.jpg
yaya.jpg [ 77.23 KiB | Viewed 3397 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next