[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Laz *Nudity :(*
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 pm 
Sandtrooper

Shes looking sexy, lookin forward to seeing the Mudboxed cellulite.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:27 pm 

Lol cheers Folly.. I cant wait to get into some real mudbox work. To be honest I havent really done any detail work in it yet so i'm quite curious to see what I can do with her :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:36 pm 

Alright, I haven't been completely useless this weekend. I have managed to get some stuff done. I have a legitimate excuse for not getting anything done on , wed, thurs and friday (work.. its a drag but I gotta eat)

I actually haven't even opened the scene for Yaya, even after the small break from her I figure I'll give it a bit longer so I can look at her again with fresh eyes. I have however started to flesh out environment stuff for the turn table. I blocked out a tree which I had absolutely 0 satisfaction from I have lost my respect for trees entirely. I still plan to throw in some roots etc. This is a back ground tree. One that sorta sits behind her to give a more forresty feel, I'm not entirely sure how i'm going to get it to work on a turn table but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I also made a generic skull, It could be better but it's not a center piece so I really cant afford to spend more time getting the shape perfect. If you think I am using that as an excuse to not do a good job, then your exactly right. Sue me. I plan to scatter the skulls around the environment like in Rusty's original concept, I'm also toying with the idea of her having skulls hanging from the end of her staff (cliche alert). That might be a bit too many skulls. But again, a bridge I will be crossing when I can actually see it, according to my map I am about 500km from the nearest bridge and im moving at sloth speed...

OK that's about 5 days worth of rambling, less talkey more lookey. As usual C&C not only welcome but needed, so comment already.

Attachments:
tree_01.jpg
tree_01.jpg [ 112.6 KiB | Viewed 3798 times ]
skull.jpg
skull.jpg [ 104.45 KiB | Viewed 3806 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:47 pm 
Sandtrooper

MATE!!! im lovin the skull, though i feel the tree could do with some big scary roots around the bottom. its lookin good though man :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:11 pm 

Thanks Snareth, I definately plan to give it some scary roots (the tree not the skull)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 am 
Administrator

The chin on the skull seems a bit round and soft. Without looking back at your ref, I would say the chin should be more pointy. I like your tree.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:46 am 

More pointyness. got it :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:59 pm 

Yea I agree with the chin pointacity. Also, from memory, just a little bit back from the chin on the bottom jaw it usually dips in a little, but I tend to make up memories...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:09 pm 

Sweet, ill fix up some of that stuff at some point.

This week has been a very unproductive one, well, on this competition at least. Ive been horribly busy all week and on top of that I got sick a few days ago and I'm only just starting to recover.

Another busy weekend this weekend too.. I really need to kick it up a notch soon if I want to get this done on time and to a quality I'm happy with.

Here is where I'm up to on Yaya, I have spent a few hours on her this week. Pretty much just working on topology and refining shape in some areas. Ive redone the hands and feet.. again. Feet are still a bit dodgy I need to rework her toes. Oh and she has claw-nails a belly button and nipples.. might have gone a bit far with the addition of nipples.. meh.

Attachments:
baba_08.jpg
baba_08.jpg [ 143.05 KiB | Viewed 3367 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 am 
Sandtrooper

Looking sweet laz! cant wait to see yah start pulling out the details in mudbox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:02 pm 

Thanks Arow, ill be getting onto mudbox soon. In fact, I should be by now. I'm just doing endless tweaking of nothingness.. just procrastinating.. She needs to be unwrapped... and i really really really don't want to do it. I hate unwrapping so much, id rather eat flaming enraged scorpions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 pm 

Wow, its been a long time since I have posted anything here. I have not died, nor has this project. It has been on halt temporarily as I am very busy with work and ontop of it all learning C++ :roll:

Ive actually done a bit of work since I last posted, not a lot, just redefining some problem areas. I decided to slap myself on the wrist to stop myself from tweaking it to death as its not greatly improving, I just need to unwrap now which I have to say is a project killer for me. I absolutely hate it with a passion.

I actually have a plan of attack which might be my saving grace, Mudbox allows you to import UV's so I might just start sculpting, get back into the grove and hopefully not mind the unwrapping stage which I dont when im on a roll.

Anyways, txt updates are never fun. Sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:35 pm 
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:51 pm 
Rebel Commander

make a skull bra and dance her around a beach campfire and your done.

www.sharplin.deviantart.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 am 

sooooooooo...... *quickly gaps it*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next