[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post subject: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Sasmo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:24 pm 
Sandtrooper

I thought I'd enter the comp, just spent 2 hours kinda setting this up, tried using the zsphere tool.
My idea for this comp is to just model one of those dodgie card playing guys, i dont really know their title... heres what i've got so far.

Attachments:
comp start.jpg
comp start.jpg [ 217.06 KiB | Viewed 4487 times ]

Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Sasmo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 pm 

Nice to see you joinin the comp Sasmo, looking forward to what you do with this. Right now it looks like a card dealing monkey! His pose feel awkward. Like hes leaning against an invisible wall. My eyes are drawn to the hands, they seem to stand out, i think its the linear fingers and they seem really thin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:14 pm 
Sandtrooper

yeah I just wanted to block out the character today... but I think i'll get on to the pose n a little more detail this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:32 pm 
Sandtrooper

just been working on this character a bit... hes looking a little more human now. should have another update in the weekend. c&c always welcome ignore the eye brows hands n feet for now

Attachments:
garry.jpg
garry.jpg [ 145.61 KiB | Viewed 4861 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 am 

Mm starting to shape up there Sasmo.

Id rethink the pose though, doesnt really communicate much in its current state.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 am 
Administrator

Yeah, pose and facial expression are very important in this comp to really sell your concept.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 am 
Sandtrooper

I agree with you both, I'm still sculpting this guy.... hes not yet posed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm 
Rebel Commander

are you going to model the fridge that was dropped on "it" as a child?

www.sharplin.deviantart.com

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:54 pm 
Sandtrooper

quick update

Attachments:
01.jpg
01.jpg [ 364.92 KiB | Viewed 4675 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm 
Administrator

When you do his expression, it'd be cool to see some missing teeth or something to add to the character.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:58 pm 
Sandtrooper

Cool Banner! Well hope to get this in before the deadline.... Quick update... still a few more assets to make shoes, jacket maybe a beanie n then the overall tweak.

Attachments:
01.jpg
01.jpg [ 133.03 KiB | Viewed 4612 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 pm 
Administrator

Getting there. :D His thumbs are too far back... they should be forwards of the palm, not behind the hand... if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:23 pm 
Administrator

Just a reminder for submission:

a) 4 high quality digital JPEG images (which best show off you model):
Max resolution: 1600w x 1200h pixels
Min resolution: 1000w x 1000h pixels

b) A 360 turntable render no smaller than 768 x 576 pixels.
Turntable: One rotation of almost fully (or fully) naked dude, and one rotation of your finished model with clothing (if he has clothing!).
Format: Quicktime
Compression: H.264

You MUST archive all of your individual files into one single archive file before uploading.
Please archive with one of the following types: 7z, Zip, Rar.

The final submission deadline is: 11.30pm, Friday 5th June, 2009.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 pm 
Sandtrooper

Gee, I feel like a real 'winner' handing in my lambert shaded model....
Well I had fun.

Worzel make my t-shirt size small :D.... if I win one :?

Attachments:
NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Sasmo.rar [8.44 MiB]
Downloaded 247 times

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:49 am 
Administrator

Hehe... good effort Sasmo! T-shirt sizes are already set... I think it's a large or medium, so you'll just have to give it to someone else!