[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post subject: PRIZES have been selected!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:17 pm 
Administrator

:o

The main prize for the Harbinger of Misfortune competition:

Sponsored by

[color=#40FF00]Many, many big thanks to Media Design School!! :D

male anatomy figure

by sculptor & VFX artist: Andrew Cawrse

The finest superficial muscle anatomical figure available at a desktop size.
Ideal for reference, teaching or study, flayed deeper muscles & partly revealed skeleton.
Realistic hand painted: bone, muscle, facia, tendon, veins

description:
24” reference figure hand painted
full-color realism
1st generation cold cast polyurethane
magnetic removable parts
dimensions: 24" x 5" x 10"

also included:
reference chart: quick reference muscle name chart
dimensions: 10.5"W x 23.5"H (2 x sided)

More info here...

Runner Up Prizes:

Sponsored by

2nd Place - Weta Digital T-shirt

3rd Place - Weta Digital T-shirt

Many, many big thanks to Weta Digital!! :D

Shots of the t-shirt with our office disco ball and retro cushions. (The other t-shirt is navy blue)

Disclaimer: The disco ball is not part of the prize and was added to the photo to enhance the awesomeness of the Weta Digital t-shirt. You can purchase your own disco ball at the $2 shop. T-shirt was removed from sexy plastic bag for photo shoot and then carefully replaced and resealed with original yellow sticker. If you find your t-shirt has tomatoe sauce stains on it, we swear they were clean as when they left here... honest.

8-)

Post subject: Re: PRIZES have been selected!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:22 pm 
Administrator

I actually have one of those anatomy figures on my desk at work. 2 feet tall... highly detailed. Very impressive. It is mine though... it is not for you if you win.

I also have 2 Weta Digital T-shirts sitting on my desk, but they are not mine. Those ARE for you if you get 2nd or 3rd place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:46 pm 

I want a weta T-Shirt to go with my Weta coffee mug.. which isnt actually mine, I just found it amoungst all the cups on a shelf at work. :P

And that anatomy model IS awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 am 
Death Star Gunner

Do you have pictures of the Weta tshirts?

Last edited by Neno on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:09 am 
Administrator

T-shirt pictures included above. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 am 
Sandtrooper

4th Place - Disco Ball

sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm 

That is pretty cool, nicely chosen ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:22 pm 
Ewok

I'm assuming both of those are Mens Larges?? What about for us chicks aye?? :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 pm 
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:30 pm 

lol well put Mr Administrator.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 am 
Death Star Gunner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am 
Administrator

For those of you who know me personally, such as evoboy, they will know that I tend to joke about many things and have a light hearted sense of humour. I was not actually being serious about the world being heartless etc... because the question was about t-shirt sizes - the world of 't-shirts' is not a heartless and cruel one. Seriously.

Neno, I did not chose the t-shirts. They were sent to me, randomly sized, by a WOMAN working at Weta. I'm sure her choice of free gifts was not a reflection of her attitudes towards sexism in this industry. I'm grateful they were happy enough to support us by sending us some random prizes, free of charge.

Personally, I do not accept that men are better than woman, or vice versa in this industry. In the classes I teach at Media Design School, there is a mix of good and bad female and male students - there is no clear definable split. If I ran my own business, I would hire people with good attitudes and goods skills without concern as to whether they are male or female.

However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... and everyone reacts differently to those opinons. If you feel like a minority and you leave the room everytime, then in my books you have lost another battle without barely throwing a single punch. If you feel so strongly about something, then stay and fight. Too bad to see you go Neno.

This forum is free. The prizes are provided free to all of you here. If you really don't like the randomly donated prizes, then don't participate. The prizes do not at all reflect our personal opinions on life.

Cheers,

Roger.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:31 am 
Administrator

Oh, and by the way (cue the violins and get out your tissues) I have a full time job, I do my own projects after work, I find myself very busy all the time. I donate whatever spare time I have left to keep this forum running - contacting companies to help us out, which is soooo not my strength and I have no idea what I'm actually doing, just so that all you guys and gals have somewhere cool to share your work and have FUN. Because I love this community thing... it's cool. (And stop violins... feel free to continue weeping for me. ;) )

So... in all my great, almighty administrative powers, I command you all to enjoy yourselves.

Not being sarcastic... just enjoying life and loving this industry.

Peace.

Rog. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 am 
Tusken Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 am 
Death Star Gunner