[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Folly (male nudity)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:36 pm 
Sandtrooper

Howdy, stuck some joints in em and threw his limbs round a bit. Pay no attention to his facial expression, I'll be unwraping and possibly blend shaping his face tomorrow.

Gotta get his scroll in there to make his pose make sense I suppose.

CC on him is very welcome. I guess my main question would be to not Contrapposto (first) or to Contrapposto (second).

Attachments:
WIP.jpg
WIP.jpg [ 282.03 KiB | Viewed 3563 times ]

Last edited by Folly on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 pm 
Sandtrooper

Hate to post twice, but multiple image adding seems to be failing for me. (He's not doing gangsta signs... As cool as they are)

Attachments:
WIPb.jpg
WIPb.jpg [ 327.49 KiB | Viewed 3561 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 pm 

I like the first one. Much more dynamic pose, feels like he gets some sick pleasure out of the notice of death he brings on people.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:44 pm 
Administrator

First image is much more pleasing... second one feels awkward.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:31 am 
Rogue Leader

REALLY nice work Folly, very 'classics' in style right now, and quite camp without scroll! But fab proportions, weight and overall feel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:44 pm 
Sandtrooper

this is looking really sweet! yup agree the first one looks stronger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:37 pm 
Sandtrooper

Cheers for the feedback guys :). I'll definitely be going with the first pose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:46 pm 
Bounty Hunter

Yeah I agree with comments above, the first pose is much better. Looking forward to seeing him detailed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:25 am 
Death Star Gunner

ditto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:42 pm 
Sandtrooper

Hey, thought I'd put this up. I've gone and committed to the pose, just going fixing up little things that got messed up in the rig before I move on to sculpting and muscle correction in mudbox.
I'll probably add some more divisions to his scalp to give more polys to mess with for hair in mudbox.

Attachments:
WIP.jpg
WIP.jpg [ 450.62 KiB | Viewed 3185 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:58 am 
Sandtrooper

that there is a solid base mesh! cant wait to see more

Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Folly
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 am 
Administrator

Facial expression could be clearer... I couldn't tell how he was feeling at first glance... and after looking at it for a while, there is nothing particular coming through. I think the face will need to have a clear feeling about it - if it is not clear, it will ruin the overall concept. Coming along really well though.

Just more ideas... if he's getting some twisted pleasure from reading the scroll, then hinting more of the smile will help... just pulling the corners of the mouth back a bit more. Also if you zbrush it, then I think a few tiny wrinkles in the corners of the eyes from grinning would help - just getting all the facial muscles to work together will really take it up a notch. Also showing more whites of the eyes makes the face more intense. Ummmmm... oh yeah, watch the defining edges of the lips - the more you open your mouth, the more the lip shape softens and you lose that contour edge... currently it doesn't feel like the lips are being pulled and stretched across the underlying surface.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm 
Sandtrooper

Cheers Roger, I'll start pushing it towards a stronger feeling . I'm collecting some ref for facial expressions during lunch and I'll revisit his face tonight with your suggestions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:50 pm 

Worzel has been reading my mind.

:?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 pm 
Administrator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next