[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Folly
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 pm 
Sandtrooper

Lamecakes, deviant art downscales...

Visible Buttock FTW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm 
Sandtrooper

Very cool Folly!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 pm 
Rogue Leader

Dude, I’m lovin' it. Don’t like the Facial expression though, I can’t quite place my finger on it. I think it may be the open mouth (I know he's meant to be reading a declaration), maybe a closed mouth tight little smirk would look better? I dunno, but it’s definitely the pic o' the bunch so far man Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 am 
Sandtrooper

Cheers guys, I've borrowed a workmates "Facial Expressions" book and I think I'm have to sit down and have a good long study of the contents. I'm thinking I might have to give up on the grin and try and find another way to convey his happiness, whilst still giving that negative vibe. Bleh, what a contradictory bunch of ideas :(...

I've also been told I should give his toga a little more curve, perhaps by lengthening it to drape onto the ground more, seems like a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 am 
Rogue Leader

Hi there. the face/smile is somewhat disturbing, but I like that, it sticks in the mind and makes you look twice. He looks very 'vampirical'. The scroll should probably be a little sharper edged by his hand, looks more like draped fabric than paper right now. I also wonder if maybe taking the toga off that foot so you can see it more might look better? If it's longer it can drape off to the side and away from the foot. I think you sort of need it visible to ground the composition. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:53 pm 
Rebel Commander

I know im no master of cloth but I dont like your cloth at the moment. got any referrence?

www.sharplin.deviantart.com

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:01 pm 
Sandtrooper

Yeh, your right about the cloth looking pretty average sharpo, its actually proving to be a bit of a mission, but in my defence, it is just blocked out in that image :P.

Progress will be made, just hes taken the back seat for a while to a couple other little things I've got going on. After the 48hour film fest though hes top priority. Anyhow, heres a image of him atm, unfortunately its on a lower division level, and returning him to his highest takes too long on my ageing computer.

Attachments:
ICECREAM!.jpg
ICECREAM!.jpg [ 161.7 KiB | Viewed 3388 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:49 am 
Bounty Hunter

Nice work bro. Who are you doing the 48hr film comp with? Guys from my work won it last year, was real keen to get involved this year too, but dominance war finishes just after this weekend ><

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 am 
Sandtrooper

I'll be working with the various MDS folk. Simon (Splattr) will be our Lead director.

Really looking forward to it actually, will be a new experience.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:04 pm 
Tusken Raider

The deadline banner made me notice something

fire.jpg
fire.jpg [ 104.56 KiB | Viewed 3273 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 pm 
Administrator

Just a reminder for submission:

a) 4 high quality digital JPEG images (which best show off you model):
Max resolution: 1600w x 1200h pixels
Min resolution: 1000w x 1000h pixels

b) A 360 turntable render no smaller than 768 x 576 pixels.
Turntable: One rotation of almost fully (or fully) naked dude, and one rotation of your finished model with clothing (if he has clothing!).
Format: Quicktime
Compression: H.264

You MUST archive all of your individual files into one single archive file before uploading.
Please archive with one of the following types: 7z, Zip, Rar.

The final submission deadline is: 11.30pm, Friday 5th June, 2009.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:54 pm 
Sandtrooper

Woot! Turntables done, now to just get some stills out.

Had to give up a couple levels from mudbox on the normal map, but I dont think too much has been lost. Damned thing just wouldn't bake out. Wanted to use a displacement but ran outa time renderwise due to lazyness :(.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 pm 
Sandtrooper

Final, post before the .zip is submitted. Not sure whether I was supposed to include wire frames in the turnaround or not. I guess it doesn't hurt to include em.

The renders have lost a little quality from the model, the ambient occlusion doesn't pick up on normals and my displacement render isn't gonna happen so its perhaps not as edgy as it could be.

Its been a great experience, the knowledge gained will be invaluable and Its gotten me rather interested in the whole sculpting scene.

Attachments:
still_shot_2 copy.jpg
still_shot_2 copy.jpg [ 243.62 KiB | Viewed 3063 times ]
still_shot_3 copy.jpg
still_shot_3 copy.jpg [ 268.34 KiB | Viewed 3062 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:17 pm 
Sandtrooper

Great work Folly!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:26 pm 
Sandtrooper

*submit*

Good luck yall.

Attachments:
Folly.rar [27.83 MiB]
Downloaded 173 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next