[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – The Frigid Midget
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:51 pm 

Yeh mudbox is fun! i have been running a billion different tests lately trying to nail down a solid workflow. Takes longer than expected.

looking good mad, that sign, you have carved out the text so you can read it? why not have it go in the other direction considering it will most probably be paint. Just as a tip, if you havent already, if you sculpt on layers you can invert them, so if it was going in to start with u can really quickly make it come out. Mudbox is flipping awesome.

No junk and fused rear asside, his nipples are in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:23 pm 
Rogue Leader

Yeah, that signs a place holder at the moment, same with his nipples actually, they're on a completely different sculpt layer (I amuse my self by making them suddenly dissappear and reappear :P). I was just mucking about with stencils and masks to make the sign. I plan on doing exactly what you said about the paint bit when I go back over it.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:30 pm 
Sandtrooper

Cool man, solid progress, is much of the sculpt gonna be covered with clothes?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 pm 
Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:43 pm 

Haha.... very Rorschach....

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:18 pm 
Rogue Leader

All right, heres an update.... I think. I finished most of the main stuff, I'll go back and refine it all later and I have yet to touch his face. But for now I want to move on to clothing him so the poor bugger ain't freezing his non-existant gibblets off. Also, just realised that I still haven't put his nip's in the right place yet.

Attachments:
rorschachWIP_whole.jpg
rorschachWIP_whole.jpg [ 142 KiB | Viewed 3082 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm 
Sandtrooper

coming along nicely dude ! one thing that sticks out to me is that his arm pit feels quite tense , maybe if it was lower and more relaxed it might flow better into the arm.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:12 pm 
Rogue Leader

Attachments:
armpitFixing.jpg
armpitFixing.jpg [ 134.55 KiB | Viewed 3080 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:17 pm 
Rogue Leader

Forgot to show an update on the clothing side of things. I still havn't bothered with shoes yet, maybe someday I will..... Everything else is pretty basic with no sculpting at the mo. Also, I think the jacket collar needsd to be bigger. What do you guys think?

Attachments:
mmmmmmmmmmm pants... and other assorted items of clothing.jpg
mmmmmmmmmmm pants... and other assorted items of clothing.jpg [ 145.53 KiB | Viewed 3081 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:35 pm 
Administrator

Hmmm... a tie? Seems a bit formal for a 'end is nigh' kinda guy... maybe. :?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:58 pm 

a tie could work, if it was looser around his neck and his coat / shirt was scragglilicious.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:29 pm 
Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:18 am 
Administrator

The end is nigh... any updates?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:47 pm 
Rogue Leader

Please dont say that! I still have time, I STILL HAVE TIIIIIIIIIME! I haven't had any time to work on him lately. I tried to get some work done on his clothes last night, but found it impossible to concentrate on sculpting cloth folds and just started refining his body instead. I started to wish that I didn't choose someone who was so damned clothed, why can't he be the kind of crazy guy with no clothes? It would have made life so much easier. Anyway, I have a mostly free day to work on him today, so hopefully an update will be forth coming later on. Here’s a quick pic of what I've managed to do on his body since Thursday.

Attachments:
TheCrazyNakedGuyNewsBulletinQuartet.jpg
TheCrazyNakedGuyNewsBulletinQuartet.jpg [ 103.79 KiB | Viewed 3082 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:01 pm 
Administrator

Oh yeah... sure... PLENTY of time! Just don't go on holiday during the coming week. :?

Detail is looking sweet. Probably a few areas need tweaking... like back of the right knee. Also abs feel a bit wide in the middle. Keep on going dude!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next