[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
NZCGI Forum

Post subject: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Arrow
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 pm 
Sandtrooper

Hey people, been struggling to come up with an idea for this comp - the whole subtle evil thing threw me off, but think i have settled on one. It's a pyschotic burly sheep farmer, wearing a singlet, beanie, stubies and gumboots with big chops(side burns) running down the side of his face. he will be holding shearers clippers in each hand (maybe dripping in blood) with a look of death and destruction ....... :shock:

Post subject: Re: NZCGI 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY Competition – Arrow
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:06 pm 
Administrator

Haha! Sounds cool!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:13 pm 
Sandtrooper

Yup, sounds like a pretty solid idea. can't wait to see how it turns out

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 pm 
Sandtrooper

Finaly made a start with this ! havent had a computer to work with for a couple weeks so has been pretty frustrating.... anywayz just made a start on the face tonight

Attachments:
Farmer.JPG
Farmer.JPG [ 21.01 KiB | Viewed 5322 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:30 am 
Administrator

Nice. Do you draw out your concepts, or just start blocking in 3D? What about facial expressions, do you work those in afterwards along with a pose... or will he be in a generic standing pose?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 am 

Awesometown!

Nice to have you back, honestly, i dont think i could last a few days without my computer. One time i took a break away to a beautiful batch in the Coromandel.. and took my desktop with me... *sigh*

I reckon you could give this guy "cauliflower" ears to make him a real mans man *cough*. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, its an actual condition rugby players (and other sports that involves close contact) gets from scrums. My intermediate teacher had it, its creepy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am 
Sandtrooper

Beautiful Sculpt. Really Does have that farmer feel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 am 
Sandtrooper

Looking good Arrow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:45 am 
Sandtrooper

thanks for all your comments :)

I do ussually do a quick drawing something that ussually resumbles what you would find on play school, but just to get the idea on to paper and a general shape of the character and what might be exagerated and so, then i just search for lots of reference of different character traits that fit with what im looking for, like for this guy im taking alot of inspiration from Colin meads (all black great) hes got that real sheep farmer hard man look down to a t. Not going to detail him too much yet just going to get all the proportions right then rig and pose then add all the details and facial expression, well thats the plan at least. haha yeah man cauliflower Ears definitly have to be added !!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:29 pm 
Sandtrooper

quick update of body so far and the base mesh

Attachments:
farmer_base.JPG
farmer_base.JPG [ 22.48 KiB | Viewed 5201 times ]
farmer+body.JPG
farmer+body.JPG [ 21.36 KiB | Viewed 5199 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:47 am 
Death Star Gunner

Thats really nice there arrow. If i had my two cents it would possibly be a proportion issue. But thats probably something that is aesthetic more than anything. The upper body seems underweighted by the girth of the thighs. Shoulders really. Just something I thought. Nothing really anything at all. urhmmm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:09 pm 
Sandtrooper

Hey I really like dude, I have 1 possible thing you can do, and this only a try and see what it looks like comment, if you see the pic below, if you were to merge the crotch line with the hip lines that may help, but its a try and see what happens, hope it helps :)

Attachments:
farmer%2Bbody.JPG
farmer%2Bbody.JPG [ 21.99 KiB | Viewed 5157 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:23 pm 
Sandtrooper

hey thanks for the feedback necromancer and crosshare ! :D much apreciated

yeah the big legs could start looking werid i want him to have big tree trunk kind of legs but if they are gonna look strange and wrong they gotta be toned down, i did tone them down but i think they might of snuck back in there! ?

cheers yeah good call i changed the hip area in one of the pics what do you reckon?

have done abit more work to him still some messy area's left (hands,big yeti feet, back) and havent gone into too much detail will save that for once i have him posed, might try getting into the clothes soon

Attachments:
updateFarmer2.jpg
updateFarmer2.jpg [ 69.55 KiB | Viewed 5107 times ]
updateFarmer.jpg
updateFarmer.jpg [ 95.77 KiB | Viewed 5107 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:18 am 
Sandtrooper

Looking good arrow, keep em coming

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:55 pm 
Sandtrooper

The hips look much better dude, and some1 looking over my shoulder really liked the muscles on his back, lookin good dude 8-)