Post subject: Competition WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:30 pm 
Administrator

Great Monuments of India Competition

Winner - Anupam Das with his model of The Chamundeshwari Temple. Well done!!

Anupam Das has won a scholarship to cover half his course fees to study either 3D or Visual Effects at Media Design School here in New Zealand!

Congratulations from Media Design School and the team at NZCGI!

Also MANY thanks to the judges for offering their time to judge this competition. Unfortunately we were not able to receive input from Brett Purmal (Weta), but our other two judges Chandrasekaran G (DQ Entertainment) and Ruth Caspary (Land of Opportunity) both agreed on the first place winner. If Brett is able to submit comments later, we will post them here!!

Anupam Das (1st place Competition Winner)
WIP: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1293

Chandrasekaran G (gave 1st place)
Impressive at first sight, Details on the relief wall elements are very attractive & close to the original style of architecture especially in the front view of the temple. Side walls of the temple were incomplete and low in details; they could have been presented in a better way. Dravidian style of Arch is known for its tall Gopurams with detailed work, but here we don’t see much of the details in the top part of the gopuram compared to the rest of the gopuram. Overall the work looks close to the original architecture and can be appreciated.

Ruth Caspary (gave 1st place)
Overall the presentation of Anupam struck me as most comprehensive. The renders were well balanced in the lighting and fairly well composed. I like the balance of natural modeling of the figures with the hard surfaces in this subject. I believe the larger details could have had more treatment like the base and top area. But very well done.

4 Runner Ups (in no particular order)...

Nageswar
WIP: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1342

Chandrasekaran G (gave 2nd place)
Good job overall looks nice .Bells on the Nandi looks good Kakatiya style of architecture is known for its intricate design and delicately carved lathe pillars, in the images detail on the pillars were slightly missing. Nandi was looking a bit realistic but the actual statue is more stylized and angular. Overall nice work.

Ruth Caspary (gave 4th place)
Nageswar's renders are very contrasty and hard to read without any background to set it off. I do applaud the use of basic shapes deformed, cracked and set off kilter to give a feeling of wear and use. The main building has very few details in terms of small scale treatment. Most of the renders focus on the cow figure. Its details such as jewelry and pose are quite nice and I think the same focus should be given to the other parts of the scene.

Harpreet
WIP: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1277

Chandrasekaran G (gave 3rd place)
Good work and gives a complete look. Details on the parapet wall ,windows and doors looking good.Dome could have been more smoother and tapered, finer deatils were missing at few places including the bottom of the dome. Smart and decent work.

Ruth Caspary (gave 2nd place)
My second choice would be Harpreets render. I feel like this is the most orderly model in terms of how it seems to have been built. There are layers of small medium and large details, though the domes lack enough attention. The cutouts with filigrees are also nicely done. I like the focus on positive and negative space. It is that small difference that makes a model feel real.

Sudipkumar
WIP: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1331

Chandrasekaran G (gave 4th place)
Good and innovative work.Overall looking nice.Features of godess Kali looks good.But the jewllery design is not blending with the rest it looks poked in. The tree trunk and pillars are not looking natural could have done better with some details. Really a good effort.

Ruth Caspary (gave 3rd place)
My third choice of a well done model is Sudipkumar's render. Though the renders are a bit bright in contrast, I like the use of basic shapes and natural details. This scene is economical and perfect for video game environments. There are some details missing but I think it gets the point across very well of where the viewer finds himself. Great effort!

Sabyasachi
WIP: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1351

Chandrasekaran G (gave equal 4th place)
Good work, well tried. I like the statues and appreciate the efforts taken to show their elegance. A few comments that I must mention, Khajuraho temple was believed to have been built between 10th - 11th century in typical Nagara style of architecture,. It is known for its detailed workmanship on statutes and carvings. You have justified on the statues (even though they were repetitive) to an extent but carving and running patterns on the exterior walls were totally missing. Overall it was a good attempt on a tough subject.

Ruth Caspary (gave 5th place)
My fifth choice is Sabyasachi's render. The subject is huge and therefore I appreciate this intensive effort. The figures are a nice embellishment but lack some originality in form and poses. The larger scale objects also lack some detail and variation. But a very nice job.

:D

Feron Animation
Linked In

Post subject: Re: Competition WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm 
Death Star Gunner

HI every one and Mr Feron,

I really cant believe.

But my special thanks to Mds,My father and mother,brother ,Manali and all the mentors who have supported me throughout on the forum.It is a life changing for me,and i will be very much positive for it.My best wishes are for everyone who have participated.I am very great ful to get an opportunity to learn from MDS.The comp was a great opportunity and i am pleased that i was able to justify. :D

Thanking Chandrasekaran G and Ruth Caspary.
Regards
Anupam Das

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:10 pm 
Droid

Hello Anupam,

My heartiest wishes to you again...

This is really an achievement for you.. you really worked very hard.
and won the first place for "Great Monuments of India Competition"..
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1606

Congratulations once again !!!!!
Manali

Nothing is over until the moment u stop trying....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:48 pm 
Jedi Master

Nice work from a lot of entrants. They deserve to feel proud of their efforts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:28 am 
Droid

Hearty congratulations to Anupam and also to all the runner ups. Great effort.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 am 
Ewok

Hey congratulations to Anupam Das and runner ups too.

Great job. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 am 
Death Star Gunner

Hello,

Thank you manalirajdeo.Lancer,dqsyam and mr_steel.Thank you for your wishes.

Regards to everyone.
Anupam Das