Forum rules

Please attach an image to your first post so that a thumbnail is generated in the list of topics.

Post subject: TRZY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:46 pm 
Sandtrooper

TRZY

This is a stopmotion story i have develop through 3 films. The first 2 don't have endings because of resources and time restrictions.
Sunking is Stinkfist and Dzym combined with a final conclusion. The first 2 were also a development of camera technique and sfx techniques.
Sunking is a video to music/short film. I had the opportunity to collaborate with State Of Mind and conclude my story. They needed a music
video and i needed music to my film. None of the projects exceeded $500 budgets.

All shot at 12fps
using Canon 350d and Nikon d40
Final Cut edits and color grades.

If you have any questions be my guest, ask and critique, i have heaps of supporting material including armature photos, model construction, on set photos, rig documentation, storyboards and how to pronounce the titles of the projects.

2005___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2006___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2007___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Alkom on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: TRZY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:56 pm 
Rogue Leader

Blimin Heck! I only watched the third one so far but its incredible. You are a big talent! I am pretty blown away by it all. Was the guy really on fire as the wax covered him (or I assume uncovered then reversed?) Ooo how exciting! We didnt get to do stop motion when I was at MDS, though I did once know a string man! Cool song too. Will check out the other two clips later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:34 am 
Dark Lord of the Sith

totally awesome dude! Can only watch the last clip as im at work but that really gave me the warm fuzzies that I get when I see something wonderful. how long did it take you?

PS.. mint track too , really digging that!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:24 pm 
Bounty Hunter

Magic!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 pm 
Sandtrooper

Cheers for the comments.
Its all shot forward. i applied wax as he was burning. Pre Production took me about 2 months, I was working on my MDS final reel at the same time. Then i Timed it so the week after school finished we went straight into shooting. My Director Of Photography Craig Smith came up from Auckland to help shoot it. It took us about 2 weeks to shoot it doing around 9 - 10hr days. Then about 2 weeks post.
I had a Canon 350d and Craig had a Nikon D40. It was interesting to see the 2 cameras results. There were definitely fluctuations in white balance and stop value. Nothing a little color grading couldn't fix. For me Nikon preforms better in outdoor photography and canon preforms better in studio photography (also depending on lens choice).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:00 am 
Bounty Hunter

Damn yer a work horse bro, thats a pretty meaty undertaking. Well done! very impressive.